News Ticker

Menu

Cameroon boss Hugo Broos: I turned down Al Ahly due to living situation


Cameroon boss Hugo Broos: I turned down Al Ahly due to living situation


Current Cameroon manager has revealed that several managerial jobs opened up for him after his Africa Cup of Nations triumph with , including an offer from Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The Belgian led the Indomitable Lions to their fifth AFCON title in Gabon after a 2-1 win over seven-time winners Egypt in the final.
The 65-year-old’s successful tournament was enough to land him several offers in the African continent. He said, “After the African Cup, I recieved offers from Ghana, South Africa, and Tunisia, and I also went to Egyptian top club .”
However, Broos turned down all the offers, claiming that he evaluated each offer on three criteria: “I did not see myself going, so I decided to make a decision on three criteria. The sporting prime, the financial offer, and the family aspect was important too. I did not feel like being a manager in , because the living situation there is not ideal.”
Hugo Broos is now preparing the Cameroonian national team for the FIFA Confederations Cup, which will kickoff on June 17th in Russia. Cameroon will first face 2015 Copa America winner Chile.

Share This:

Post Tags:

No Comment to " Cameroon boss Hugo Broos: I turned down Al Ahly due to living situation "

  • To add an Emoticons Show Icons
  • To add code Use [pre]code here[/pre]
  • To add an Image Use [img]IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img]
  • To add Youtube video just paste a video link like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_gnfpL3RM